Fundraising challenge: Walk with me
Walk for SCIAF and your parish
Walk with us to brighter days. Together with our churches, we're launching “Walk with me”: a challenge to walk the distance of your diocese for SCIAF and your parish.
How it works
Travel the distance of the most southerly parish to the most northerly parish in your Catholic diocese and ask friends and family to sponsor you.
- Aberdeen: 215 miles (We've chosen the mainland parishes of St Mary’s, Stonehaven – St Anne’s, Thurso)
- Argyll & the Isles: 118 miles (We've chosen the mainland parishes of St Mun’s, Dunoon – Our Lady of the Rosary & St Columba, Kingussie)
- Dunkeld: 70 miles (St Mungo’s, Alloa – St Ninian’s, Brechin)
- Galloway: 80 miles (St Joseph’s, Stranraer – St Mary Star of the Sea, Largs)
- Glasgow: 38 miles (Holy Name, Mansewood (Glasgow) – St Peter & Paul’s, Arrochar)
- Motherwell: 35 miles (St Isidore’s, Biggar – St Barbara’s, Muirhead)
- Paisley: 31 miles (St Bridget’s, Eaglesham – St Ninian’s, Gourock)
- St Andrew’s & Edinburgh: 100 miles (St Mary’s & St David’s, Hawick – St James, St Andrews)
You can walk or you can run. If you're up for it, why not try more than one diocese challenge? The choice is yours: complete the challenge in a weekend or space out your walks. You can take part on your own or join your parish group.
- Set an ambitious fundraising target then split your money between SCIAF and your parish.
- If you would like to raise all the money for SCIAF, you can set up a JustGiving page today.
- Contact us at email@example.com for your fundraising pack!
us to get started.
your journey ahead.
and have a great time!
Why take part?
The coronavirus crisis has been difficult for us all. We've had to navigate these trying times without Holy Mass and without the Eucharist. Throughout the pandemic, our work with the poorest and the work of the Church is more important than ever.
Our priests have worked hard to ensure parish life has continued; they've live-streamed Mass, led community groups, provided pastoral care, and with carefully considered protective measures, they've reopened our churches for Holy Mass. Throughout this crisis, our priests have given us the inner calm and courage to care for ourselves and others around us.
You can give back to our parishes in Scotland and raise money for our sisters and brothers in some of the poorest communities across the world. All funds raised through this challenge can be split equally between SCIAF and your chosen parish.
Now, more than ever, we need to look out for our neighbours near and far.